Monday, April 23, 2012

California Vacation

It's been an exciting past 5 days. Thursday afternoon Justin took me to the airport so I could fly to California to see my dad. Ashley, Jason, Dusty, my grandma and her companion Marve, Uncle Jack, and Delores(Jack's lady) all got together to go to Santa Rosa to spend the weekend with my Dad and Gisela(my dad's lady) for his 50th birthday. Jack and Delores picked me up at the Oakland airport and we drove to Santa Rosa. Let me tell ya, if you haven't taken a ride with my Uncle jack, you DON'T want to. He is a scary driver! We went to the Flamingo Resort and Spa that my dad works at. The next morning dad and I went running and then met up with Delores and Jack for breakfast at a yummy little place called Hanks. Then we went to San Francisco to pick up Ashley, Jason, and Dusty. We spent the day down there and went to Pier 39 and took lots of pictures of Alcatraz, and China Town and all sorts of fun stuff. We also ate at a pretty good little restaurant. We went back up to Santa Rosa and went to see the play Sweeney Todd. It was actually pretty good. The actors did a great job. They served these giant cookies at intermission that were amazing too! Saturday morning we woke up bright and early and went up to Oxidental where the Redwood forests are, so we could go zip lining! We had a short little "debriefing" as Dusty called it haha and then had a short lesson on braking and then headed up into the trees. The highest we went up was 200 feet! There were 7 zip lines, a tree staircase and 2 bridges we went through, taking about 2.5 hours. It was soooo much fun! Take a look at my California Album on Facebook to see pictures and videos. After that we drove up the road a ways to see Armstrong, a 1400 year old Redwood! Later that night we went to a nice Dinner at Guy Ferretti's restaurant called Johnny Garlics. My grandma Joan and her boyfriend Marve came too. It was good to see them. Then the next morning we went to the beach, where I made a sand castle and got a sunburn haha! This morning I had to wake up at 2:20 am to go catch a bus. There was this character of a lady there were talked my ear off as we waited in the front(where the bus was supposed to come). Then we realized we missed it because it picked people up at the back of the hotel. So I called the bus and told them to hold it at the next stop and I called a cab, which luckily the lady offered to pay for, and the cab driver sped to get us to the next stop. We made it thank heavens! I caught all my flights and Justin and Duff picked me up! I'm running on very little sleep, but surprisingly I'm doin great. Man is Arizona hot though! I think there might be lots of changes coming for our little family but I'll post about that later. TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment