Friday, May 4, 2012

North to Alaska...again!!!

May the Fourth be with you! :) I thought it was time for an update! Summer time is here which means hot weather, watermelon, swimming,sitting by the pool, and lots of changes. Justin is now seeing a Pancreas, Liver, and Spleen Doctor at the Mayo Clinic. He has a whole bunch of appointments next week where they are going to look at his pancreas and make him eat some radioactive eggs so that they can see his stomach. Since he is not going to school anymore we have decided to move back to Alaska. We will see if they can fix him and if so, that would be wonderful. But if they can't we mine as well be somewhere where we can make money. This time we will be going to Anchorage, which is MUCH better than Bethel. I must say, I'm a tiny bit anxious/nervous but I think I'm just excited. I keep stressing out about all this crap, when really I need to relax and just take a chill pill. We don't have an exact date of when we are moving but we are in the process right now of getting passports, etc.(remember Brittany, Alaska is part of the USA, we just have to pass through Canada-which is not part of the USA, to get there. I don't have a job there yet but I really hope and pray that I can get back on with GCI, the company I was with before. Justin's parents and little sister live in Anchorage right now so we plan to stay with them until we can look for a place of our own. We plan to just take up one vehicle to Anchorage, (oh yes I said it, we are DRIVING there!) so I think we are going to have to sell all of our stuff. Pulling a trailer would be a killer on gas, but I don't see how we are going to pack what we would have left in one vehicle. I would really love to find one of those smaller trailers that is is metal and has all of the holes in it that people carry four wheelers and bikes on. You know, the flat bed kind that have a foot or so of siding all around them. It's a 60 plus hour drive and we plan to go through Utah since I have family along that route who we would stay with. (Utah family this is my unofficial asking if we can stay there) lol. We want to stop in the Boise area for a couple days as well. It's going to be a long trip but Canada should be pretty interesting to drive through. If anyone has made the trip, I'm open to hearing suggestions ;) Duffy has expressed how excited he is to meet Rufus, Gail's dog. Duffy and Petey (Jake's dog) are the bestest of friends so I suspect that Rufus and Duff with just love each other. When we have more information Ill update my blog as usual. As for now, ttyl! Dont forget to vote on my Poll(to the left of my page) which I change every few weeks,and here is a hilarious video I saw on TOSH.0 Warning PG-13 Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cn04iqT15o

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha yes I forget that it's part of the usa lol. ...I remember when I called you when you lived there and asked what time it was and I go is it the same day there that it is here hahahahha

    ReplyDelete